Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive only fish Rapp in Urbanna area during summer time, is there any good fishing from now till summer? If so, what kind of fishing?
Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
Peedee-- Right now the water is probably too cold to get em to bite (since it's been a warm winter, maybe not) but come spring there will be catfish in the creeks, and croaker by late April or May. Croaker will stay around most of the summer and then early fall will be the peak spot bite. Rockfish season in October with a good river bite thru December. Watch this board for Mr. J's Pleasure posts-- he's the river expert! Good luck.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
240 Posts
Or look up Mr Js Pleasure on the web to see his charter site or find him in the member directory and send him a BMail. He's a great guy.

He's also the President of the Deltaville Chapter of the CCA

·
Registered
496 Posts
jmelkin-- I haven't had much luck with rock in the Rapp. in the spring. Any tips as to where and how would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Things are a little slow in that area of the river until the end of March. Im Rabbit hunting right now and trying to ocean rockfish when I can. Talked with farm Caretaker last weekend while rabbit hunting that said he caught 15 or 20 nice white Cats at Tappahnnock Boat ramp on red wigglers high tide ( info for guys that have bad cabin fever). I'll be back fishing after rabbit season and exspect to catch some Croakers by end of March unless the weather goes and stays cold. Resident Rockfish in the river year round and can be caught by the persistant. Normally a White perch run in Feb/March also. Best place to get rid of the fishing fever is the Ocean right now. Wish I could help you out more.

Have a good one

Bobby

·
Registered
496 Posts
jelkin-- Thanks. I generally fish from #12 down to Greenvale Creek area. Just tied up some leaders yesterday and made a resolution to be PERSISTENT this year! See you out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts