Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever fish punta conta , Dominia Republic , cant find too many reports, not sure if it is worth going out our not, just looking for any insight if anybody ever fish there during april ,,, thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
We stayed at Iberostar Bravaro in Punta Cana 7-8 years ago. I forget the month, but think it was spring. We did a half day charter booked through the resort. We caught 2 gaffers and a white. I would do it again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went a couple of years ago in August. We were going after marlin and only caught a couple of dolphin. We booked the trip through the hotel and it was pretty in inexpensive. The boat was an old wooden Chriscraft that was not in the best shape. I would suggest going to the marina and booking yourself if you decide to go.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Fishing at Cap Cana ( not too far away) is supposed to be great. I was down there at the Hard Rock resort in Nov. That was nice, but got blown out on the day we had set aside to go fishing

·
Registered
678 Posts
The fishing is cheap there, so I say go for it. We stayed at the paradisus in punta cana 5 years ago in August for our honeymoon. Half day offshore trollling was $80. They picked us up on the beach in front of our resort in a skiff and shuttled us a mile or so to the fishing boat. Capt started the engines and threw the lines in. We were never out of site of land. We did 3 half days and ended up catching a blue marlin.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well went out thursday 4/7 booked thru my travel agent so everything was on the up -up . took little boat off beach to climp on big boat. went out 2 miles started trolling, lost one 15 min into fishing , beautiful water , beautiful scereny with the mountains in the back ground.trolled out around 10 miles or so and back. payed 110.00 for only 4 hrs gas is 6.0 per gallon ther for regular gas. so i figured even before leaving the house i was going to pay for a boat ride and anything on top of that would be a bounus , so what, ended up getting a show of a life time . we came across two wahale BIG ONES jumping out of water, tails could have been 6 ft to maybe 10 ft wide i dont know , but when they splashed inly 200 yds away it was huge, anyway after watching all this a rod goes off and after a min we lose that one and the captain said he saw it was a king mackrel from being on top of boat, ate thru double line off 100lb mono, had to be a nice size because the mate had one hell of a time holding on to the rod while the guy got into fighting chair. thanks for replies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts