Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I are going out (he lives there, but isn't quite the FHB I am) and I have never been in this area...he doesn't have much more experience...any good info...I think he said around buoy 8?...do we need to go up to the Norris bridge?...plan on trolling, but would like to eel also if anyone can give us a general area...thanks...

Also, are speckled ones/pups up this far?...on google, there seems to be a good inlet of water near urbanna...

once again thanks for any help...I haven't been out since the 20th of Nov (out of town and wx) and am itching to find some pullage...:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Deltaville-Urbana

Sledge,

That area around 8 has been good. You should consider putting this on the Norther Neck Board. That's were most of those folks post. Hope you get on them!

Tight Lines,
Kevin Smith
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

·
Registered
643 Posts
I was out yesterday in that exact area. We marked alot of fish in 40-60' of water in the middle of the channel about 25'. Didn't catch anything, hope you do better.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...

...just some simple info like you gave me at least lets me know I can be in the ball park(hopefully getting some hits!)...thanks again guys

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sledge, I live in Urbanna and the info provided so far is pretty accurate. Depending where you put in, the fishing has been fair from Bouy 10 off of Parrot's creek to the mouth of the river. You may have to look for the bait for a bit, but the fish are there in deep water and hugging the bottom.

As to the specks, they are gone from this area now. More fish are caught in the latter summer months around the mouth of the river near Windmill point up to and into the Corrottoman river and on the Lancaster side of the river. Not much grass on the Middlesex side, but some of the creeks near the mouth of the river will hold a few. Good luck. I will be out from Urbanna Sunday afternoon on 68 just call for biglee if you need any help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts