Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the M&M bridge tunnel Wen. afternoon, It was my first time out this spring so I was just glad to be fishing again! I don't think to many people fish that area so I thought I would post a report for everyone. Managed to catch and release one 18 in striper and lost a nice size flounder right at the side of the yak. Should of had a net with me. The croakers kept me busy I caught over 10 all in the 16 in range with the two biggest close to 18. They were a lot of fun on my light weight rod. Kept a couple but let most go. I was looking for the flounder, might try a little deeper water next time. A VA. Marine Resource Officer met me at my truck and checked my liscense and looked in my cooler he was very friendly and seemed interested in my yak. He ask a lot of questions about it. All in all a good day it beat the hell out of being at work. Good luck.
surf

·
Registered
575 Posts
Those are some nice croakers! Don't mess with a net on a kayak. I carry a little hand gaff. Just make sure it is legal size before you gaff it. Alot of guys use those lip grippers too. The way I see it, if I am going to release it anyway, I will live if it gets off before I get it in the boat. If I plan to keep it, I don't want to loose a good meal. That's where the gaff comes in handy.

·
Registered
300 Posts
18 inch croaker! And you're still alive to tell about it. That's a monster. Where did you launch? That sounds like one awesome day of fishing, make that catching. Nice work.

Ric

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes luckily I'm still here to tell the story...he,he [grin]. the marine res. officer said they were the biggest he had seen this year. caught everything on a redhead jig with a green curly tail tipped with a piece of shrimp. You can launch from Tidewater Com. College, its about a 15 min. paddle to the bridge.
surf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts