Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wed. limited out on Stripers 32-39 inches from 12:pm to 1:30 PM; eeling in 60 ft water off Cape Henry. Eels placed 8 to 18 feet down. Tried 4A & Smith Island first with no takers.

Question: How , where & what form do you need to get for the "Marine Fuel Tax" refund ?

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
It has nothing to do with your taxes first of all, if you buy gas at a pump on the STREET you pay a ROAD TAX....17 cents a gallon....you get that back from DMV.......you can file it anytime you like as long as the reciepts are no older than 1 year.

gone to find you the form....

Here >> Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

·
Registered
486 Posts
Fuel Tax Refund (17.5 cents a gal)

Make sure you read the instructions. They are real picky on the information on the receipt. Make sure they are in date order when submitted. I always submit a spreadsheet with my receipts.
Make sure the receipt info can be read. They only will except original receipts UNLESS you tell them on the receipt why its a duplicate. On occasions I have had to go into the business to get a dupe when the pump does not produce a receipt. I caaled them and they said that if I annotate on the receipt that the pump did not produce a receipt, they would accept it. The form number is DMV form TS 217. It takes approximently 2 months to get your check. You can call and get an update on your request.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts