Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone catching any fish in the bay from Reedville? How about a report!
Also, I need some work on the floor of my boat it has some soft spots that need attention. Any suggestions for good work, reasonable price, without loosing too much water time? Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yep, we been a haulin' 'em in, them stinky feesh, 'bout 135 million punds this year.... yep, been gettin a few her and thar. Yup them thar rusty ships ove Cockrells. That's rite. Yeah Omega, that's who I work fer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mchar is that some kind of joke?

This site is to talk about fishin.....not to make fun of peoples accents, method of makin a livin, or anything but FISHIN!!!!!!!!!

besides I hate a yankee accent(maryland, new jersey or whatever) I can hear one a mile away and it grates my nerves but I dont write about it on this board....whoops I guess I just did!
LETS TALK FISHIN!

I have been out to the reef in the last few days and it has been slow. There is a little bit of everything around but not in great numbers and not bitin hard. Trolled out side the river light a couple days ago and caught several blues but none of great size. Oh well it will pick up they say, just wait!

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support Tidal Fish
684 Posts
Hi Sailfish,

It's good to know some do get by, per a pervious report by you to me!

I suspect later in August and September the smaller blues and spanish (fast & small carnivores) will pick up. Keep the small spoons, Clarks and Tony's ready for llight weight ine inline trolling. keep a light weight casting rod ready too. Right now everyone reports nothing. but that's right now. Man down here in the ocean is great, but far - I love eatin my catch, but icing down fillets for several days of fishing and then hauling coolers home requires a lot of handling.

Man, you'd be surprised at the size of some of the "sportfishing " boats down here. 65 Feet is nothing. The water is offshore is blue-green, unlike some of the Chesapeake pictures being published.

Tight lines, and hang in there my friend. Thanks for helping with report from that region.

Rich

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support Tidal Fish
684 Posts
Hi Sailfish,

It's good to know some do get by, per a pervious report by you to me!

I suspect later in August and September the smaller blues and spanish (fast & small carnivores) will pick up. Keep the small spoons, Clarks and Tony's ready for llight weight ine inline trolling. keep a light weight casting rod ready too. Right now everyone reports nothing. but that's right now. Man down here in the ocean is great, but far - I love eatin my catch, but icing down fillets for several days of fishing and then hauling coolers home requires a lot of handling.

Man, you'd be surprised at the size of some of the "sportfishing " boats down here. 65 Feet is nothing. The water is offshore is blue-green, unlike some of the Chesapeake pictures being published.

Tight lines, and hang in there my friend. Thanks for helping with report from that region.

Rich

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sorry, sailfish, it's just a poke - at those who joke- that any Bloke- can merely say - 135 million pounds of feesh today - is in the best interests....
of the Bay.

$125 Comm lisense fee for Omega. ooooooooo!
Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fair enough Mark fair enough!
No one said life is fair, we all have to pony up and do our part to save the bay. I for one feel that the commercial menhaden fight is one that ranks low on the list of importance. Number one proiority should be to get sewage treatment plants in the state to stop dumping untreated sewage into the water!!!!!!!

The bacteria levels are outrageous this time of the year when "spills" occur.

This debate is one for another thread I am sure!

About the floor that needs repair........There is a good guy around named Wicomico Boatworks( cell 580-0807ask for Ryan) He does all kinds of fiberglass and detailing work in the Reedville area. May take him some time but he does some of the best work I have ever seen! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
saw your little boat at Breezy's jth. looks good. Call him today and explain what needs doing. Transom felt pretty solid to me??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reports. Saturday we trolled for a short time to the light house but didn't get a hit. So we bottom fished in 40 feet right out in front of Ingram Bay. We filled the cooler in an hour and a half.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts