Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Richmond at 4:30a met up with Kevin (Weekend Mistress) and his son about 5 and we pulled out of Norview about 6:30a. In route to 59 we saw a few birds working so we dropped the spread. 32Oz Mojos on the wire (one white one chart. both9") followed by a blue and pearl tomic on thewhite and a 6" Storm on the chart. two umbrellas way back (one white one chart) then a 8 oz chart mojo up higher on mono out the back. GOod marks, nada .....nothing ....ziltch! Though for sure were would be in the money with these marks but as lock jaw was set in this school, we pushed onward. All marks were on the bottom. ran a little north and found better marks, still no takers so we started to tweak the spread, some stretches, some color changes and some size changes.... it was 3:45p by the time we had the 1st fish on.. long frustrating day but we ended up with 5 fish between 20 and 22 for the grill after the tide changed over. They all came off the bottom as we changed everthing over to bottom boncing about an hour earlier. BEAUTIFUL DAY on the water. Good fishing with Kevin and great to meet his son Keith. BAck in Richmond by 7p

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
How far north did you end up chasing those marks? We ran up north of the RP a litte ways before turning and heading back south. We saw great marks up there but just couldn't get anything to bite. Finally picked up 5 back south of 59a up t 28 inches.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I fished out of Reedvile sunday, started trolling a mile N of GW1, had a 35" on way back umbrella at 0700, then a 26" on a tandem. Marked some bait but lots of rock. Were at least 20 boats NE of me near the yellow bouy off of Smith Pt buT I stated put and worked those fish I say. At 0830 had a hard pull on the mojo with a 32 ounce inline...43" 31 lbs. Then found a few more smaller ones...same area. Quit at 1230...total 8 fish...the last 5 were 24-28. In all great day.....

Mike...24 Ft Privateer

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good day fishing...GW1 to Smith Pt

I fished out of Reedvile sunday, started trolling a mile N of GW1, had a 35" on way back umbrella at 0700, then a 26" on a tandem. Marked some bait but lots of rock. Were at least 20 boats NE of me near the yellow bouy off of Smith Pt but I stayed put and worked those fish I say. hate to leave fish t o fine fish, and had no idea of others were catching. At 0830 had a hard pull on the green mojo with a 32 ounce inline...43" 31 lbs. Then found a few more smaller ones...same area. Quit at 1230...total 8 fish...the last 5 were 24-28. In all great day.....

Mike...24 Ft Privateer

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good Day out of Reedville

I fished out of Reedvile sunday, started trolling a mile N of GW1, had a 35" on way back umbrella at 0700, then a 26" on a tandem. Marked some bait but lots of rock. Were at least 20 boats NE of me near the yellow bouy off of Smith Pt but I stayed put and worked those fish I say. hate to leave fish t o fine fish, and had no idea of others were catching. At 0830 had a hard pull on the green mojo with a 32 ounce inline...43" 31 lbs. Then found a few more smaller ones...same area. Quit at 1230...total 8 fish...the last 5 were 24-28. In all great day.....

Mike...24 Ft Privateer

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bottom BOuncing:

HEavy weight on the 3 way on the bottom, leader off the 3 way to the baits, jigging the rods on a slow troll maintaining the bottom. Same trick with the mojos. PM me if you need more info

We ran all the way up to Smith POint Light, good marks the whole way. Kept changing schools looking for the hungry group, never found them until the tide hanged.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good Day out of Reedville

Mike...24 Ft Privateer

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Fishing on Rock Crusher

Matt,

My son & I enjoyed fishing on your boat Sunday. We sure did mark a lot of fish, but too bad almost all of the fish we marked had serious lock jaw. Hopefully I can have you guys on my boat soon on the lower Chesapeake Bay & Ocean Front.

Great weather, good company & fish on!
Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia
Stripers Forever

1 - 9 of 9 Posts