Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is about a weeks worth of reports.We went to OI on that hard southwester last week and only came up with throw back flounders and a couple of dozen small sea mullet..

So we decided to go after some cobia up in the Ches. Bay..We fished Monday and Tuesday till 1:00 with only a couple of skates and one small shark.

We did wind up with some really nice sea mullet feeding off our chum bag a dozen or so each day.

So after the current turned around we decided to go after some flounder aroound the fourth Island...We caught a few throw backs and one keeper...We kept moving back towards the third island when we picked up some 2 lb. plus croakers..About a dozen or so...With one more move towards the second island and whamalam....Flounder and not the usual throw backs 22 to 26 inches with one 8 pounder mixed in...My son out caught me on the flounder and he also was bragging about quantity plus quality...Then the teacher stepped it up with the 8 lber. and saved his @[email protected] for the day...

He brought his buddy the second day and they both learned fast on how to catch them....I was impressed with both thir efforts over the two day period...

The bay is alive guys and gals...We saw spades, triggers,cobia cruising, sharks,we caught a few greys, lots of blue fish( two at a time at the lessner bridge 1 hour before dark on pec rigs), we saw black drum, caught 3 nice 15 lb+ rockfish, oaster toads, sea robbins, sea bass , sea mullet , big croakers , and some really nice flounder...THe bay is alive with whatever you might wanna catch....Word to the wise crab creek has 72 parking spots and they were all full by 6:00 with people waiting all day for a spot to park before they could launch..
[sad]

HERE are a couple of pics of what we kept and by no means close to what we caught..There were 16 flounder,12 sea mullet , fourteen croakers and two grey trout we kept.The bay is alive the question is what do you wanna target???

I have to go out of town next week to Baltimore for a big fire conference so we are are crashing the waters all over this week...Oh yeah three flounder filets filling a gallon zip lock..MY son is really really hooked and so am I ....[grin]

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice flatfish! I will miss the selection. I caught citaiton flounder off the third every year I lived in VA Beach. Also, there is always somewhere to fish around the CBBT no matter what the wind is doing. Getting to an island may be tough but there is always a calm side, and all will have striper, bluefish, flounder, triggers, sheeps, togs and even some monster black drum crusing right now.

BTW: The Man checks Crab Creek like every day so if the trailer needs inspected, put in at Bubbas across the bridge. He is a little more $ but the only citation you will be bring home is for a nice fish[grin]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.