Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
Best intell is the migration is running behind due to extreme cold winter.

I'll be out Saturday -PSCR - hoping to find a few early ones.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was on the bay Thursday morning(taking boat down bay to NC), and the water was cold with not much life until Smith Point. All hell broke loose down there, as there was 5 acres of birds feeding and fish everywhere.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Why would anyone want to give a fishing report. Did you read the report called "Walleye Pete." It is nothing but 10 pages of bashing.

After the last report I put on here, I decided never to post another one. Too much bashing for no reason. I wasn't accused of hurting fish, I was accused of trying to sell bait.

Ele

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ele
I agree with you that I do not know why anyone would post a report especially during C & R . The bashers have made a lot of good fisherman leave this site or they just refuse to post anyone

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
Ele - do not let the 1% idiots bother you. No matter what you post - they will find fault in it - somehow.

Funny thing - those YoYo's never post anything good / positive - so F.... them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
second that on skips posts

Skip, even though I get to fish as often as I like, I love reading your reports and seeing all the pictures. Please never stop posting.
yes skip thank you for sharing your trips. I don't get out anywhere near as much as you so i look forward to your posts. I have been an avid reader, not an avid poster, shame on me, but that changes now. I will post every fish I catch this year, along with what I caught it on and where and as much info as I can remember. the bashers don't get to control this board! theres a fishing report icon for a reason!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
It's OK for you to sell bait. That is your job. My job was to sell rockfish to the restaurants. People didn't like that either, but they eat rockfish in restaurants. Hi Ell! Might be heading to Denton MD. very soon.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
To some, you could give them a crisp $100 bill folded in half and they would complain that it was folded.

It is a forum where anyone can post (almost) any viewpoint on any subject.
If you do not want someones argument/debate to derail the intent of the thread, then don't respond to the derailer's post.
It is hard for one person to have an argument when no one is responding, i.e. taking the bait.

If anyone wants to voice a view point, they are more that free to start a thread. If you happen not to agree and don't want to fuel the fire, then simple do not respond.
This goes both ways.

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
If anyone wants to voice a view point, they are more that free to start a thread. If you happen not to agree and don't want to fuel the fire, then simple do not respond.
I have chosen not to respond to this thread....oh, and by the way,,,that's some funny $hit right there...."someone is wrong on the internet" smh......rofl

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Ele - do not let the 1% idiots bother you. No matter what you post - they will find fault in it - somehow.

Funny thing - those YoYo's never post anything good / positive - so F.... them.
....And if one were to dig deeper, one would find that the minority of a$$holes bashing people with no good reason are insecure miserable pieces of human debris leading miserable lives. They typically target happy people out of their own insecurity, or out of jealousy.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
My friend and i were down on the bay earlier this week after work. Using bloodworms and bunker. I had a couple bites but nothing solid. He was lucky enough to catch a 24" rockfish that he quickly released. All in all had a nice 2 hrs on the water after work. Cant wait till the 18th.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Well I’m not one to concern myself with the people who are upset with spot burning. I haven’t reported much the last few years because I haven’t been getting out much (work). Looks like I won’t get out anytime soon this year either. I’ve been accused of spot burning but I only give general areas. When I get out I will try to post a fairly comprehensive report. Isn’t this site about helping other find a little success? Or is this a bragging board?

Oh well, stupid is as stupid does!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
One of the issues is that there are those that get out early in the season, spend countless hours/days and $$ (burning fuel) doing their homework on the water to eliminate areas. Try to figure out what the fish may be doing and may going to do (all speculation through experience) to hopefully find some fish.
If that happens it is then shared with their close network of trusted fellow anglers because they have also been doing the same thing.
Then
There are those that haven't even uncovered their boats yet (yes, that could be due to multiple reasons) and follow the internet to do their pre-fishing.

Yes fish are typically on the move and the patterns/locations can change with other factors but the ones on the water the most can get tuned into that.....sometimes.....hopefully.

The other year someone mentioned a specific area on the Flats that the fish had been holding. I do not think the person knew better not to print it on the INTERNET.
The guys that had been on them for a few days became accustom to the other boats that also had been on the water doing research. They all worked well together.
Soon after the info was on the web, the place was overwhelmed with boats. Not only were there a lot of boats there but the proper etiquette of the slow up wind/current approach, drift, make a wide circle around slowly to begin another drift was a foreign concept.
Needless to say, those fish and that pattern didn't last long as boaters would run through the fish with no regard of the others that were trying to use stealth.
The homework/search has to begin all over again after that.

Some search with knowledge and elimination while other search with binoculars and bent rod radar.
Don't get me wrong, if I am not on fish, I will quietly make an approach/ drift outside the "fleet" to check things out.
Sometimes 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water.

When the fish are there and the proper etiquette is used, everyone can catch fish and have a good time.

Sorry for the ramble. Most of you already knew this.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts