Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, let me thank all of the board members who offered suggestions, Capt'n Bob even offered to accept my fishing rods via Fed-Ex or UPS. You guys are great. I called Southwest Airlines main reservation no. I can buy a 72" shipping container specifically for fishing rods at the ticket counter. The cost is $10 and supposedly, it will hold 2 rods. That sure makes life easy. I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow afternoon and driving to Marathon for 3 days (reefs) to Islamardo for 1 day (offshore) going out of Whale Harbor. Last year, I hitched a ride on the Sea Horse and we had an amazing day, catching just about everything (including 9 blackfin tuna) but dolphin. I'm staying in Ft. Lauderdale for 3 days before returning because I've never been there but it looks like the beach is nice. If anyone has other suggestions for Ft. Lauderdale, I'd enjoy hearing from you. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
take the time to go to the IGFA Hall of FAme there, its next to the Bass Pro, I did a 3 yr membership because I live close enough and go to the mainland often enough, it's cool to see the history of some of the legends of our sport. watching them feed the gators is kinda anticlimatic, they just kinda hang and wait for the feeders to toss the food in front of their snouts.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IGFA and Have a Blast

Just checking Tidalfish before heading out to the airport. I'll go to the Hall of Fame and appreciate the nice sendoff! Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
"U" "R" just bragging ! I don't hait you for it .I don't hait you for it. I'll try to be nice and enjoy the ice with some rum---fun! fun! fun!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
If you have half a day free, go down to the Port of Miami and hitch a half-day or whole day trip on The Reward. That is one fishy boat! I caught an 83# wahoo on it on my first trip, and 3 sailfish on my last trip! Not to mention the many kingfish, cobia, albacore, snapper, grouper, tuna, etc.

Incredible fishing for a party boat, due mainly to Capt Wayne and Capt Woody, who really know those waters well. For $35 or whatever it was, totally incredible fishing! Don't forget to tip the mates well, if you have a good trip.

Best wishes.

-TH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts