Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to give it a try on Sat. have not tried the cats in a while been chasing the striped ones in the bay and ocean. Is there any bait to be caught in the river and am I better going up around Dutchgap or down past Jordan Point. I have never fished the river this time of year so any info would help. Thanks and good luck to anyone else out there.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I will be in the river at deep bottom tomorrow . I been told bait can be had near the landing. The fish should be on the main channels in deeper water

·
Registered
766 Posts
VT fisher, Hokie Joe here aka Striperjoe..........i'll be out Sat. call me and I'll hook u up on bait. 690-8469........puttin' in a Osborne around 7 . later joe

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both I will be out around 9:00. i will give you a call and will also have my radio on 68 if you want to give me a call. If there is another chanel I should run let me know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
846 Posts
dutch gap

I am putting in at dutch gap and trying for early am stripers. I got a new gill net I am dieing to soak so after a futile striper trip, I hope to catch a few shad and try for cats. I might be calling for bait joe, if my net or shad catching skills are broken. My brother and I saw you two weeks ago up at dutch gap solo dipping your net. I'm the guy that asked about your Dad. Good luck today. I know you miss your fishing partner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts