Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of trying one more time in this area to see if I can find and maybe deep jig or deep troll for some schooled Rock (out in the Bay). Is anyone else going? I'm interested in ho'ing or hosting a ho. I think I still have some propane in my portable boat heater.:thumbup:

After that, it's time to break out the canoe for Pickerel (always can use a ho for that, too!!). Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if we already have some skim ice in the coves.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if we already have some skim ice in the coves.
As of today, no.

Even though overnight temps have dropped to the upper twenties, the winds and warmer daytime temps have kept it from forming. I was up river today, although not where you normally venture, but surface temps were still in the mid forties.

I've had frost on the boat though.

Warmer temps are scheduled for next week...I hope it remains so. I'll keep the Whaler in all year if the ice stays away.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if we already have some skim ice in the coves.
Goose, I saw some today down in the Cape while at work.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sunday

Jeff, I'd love to fish Sunday on your boat>>>>>I'm good for fuel and food!
Scott Taylor 410.991.9798 I live in West Annapolis. Early would be great although hig tide might be later in the day. It's supposed to moderate tonight and go to the west then SW Sunday

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Fished some river spots today. Found skim ice in one of my favorite locales. Only managed 1 decent fish at 22 3/4".

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Scott. Got your later email. Hope you did well.

I managed to get out on TF'r Swatrj's beautiful Whaler 23 walk-around. Sticking to the Parker-Grady debate, I failed to consider this great boat. It ran very nicely in the morning chop.

More importantly, he's a great fisherman and really nice guy (as is his crew). We caught our limit of eight very respectable fish trolling, then got into a very nice LTJ grade of fish (16"-30"). I finally caught fish vertically jigging (a weak point in my arsenal)....and on my newly tied rig, no less! (1.5 oz chart Crippled Herring with small silver mylar dropper jig). It even managed to attract a couple doubles.

Here's a pic or two (no, that's not butter in the pan...it's a little olive oil with white whine spices).:thumbup:

Water Sky Vertebrate Boat Watercraft

Food Dishware Ingredient Tableware Recipe

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
(no, that's not butter in the pan...it's a little olive oil with white whine spices).:thumbup:
Jeff -

I'm glad you got out. That is a nice looking fish -- both in the boat and in the pan.

Please explain where I can buy "white whine" spices. Are these spices so strong that they make white persons whine?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nice lookin' fish Goose. Glad you had fun.

[Sticking to the Parker-Grady debate, I failed to consider this great boat./QUOTE]

C'mon over Goose, the water's fine. :D My older hull design isn't well liked in chop, but the the newer ones handle it nicely. Well-finished boats.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jeff -

I'm glad you got out. That is a nice looking fish -- both in the boat and in the pan.

Please explain where I can buy "white whine" spices. Are these spices so strong that they make white persons whine?:rolleyes:
It's a spice mix that the folks at Melting Pot push on us when we eat there. It's not bad, but a little strong for fish so I just use a couple pinches.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice lookin' fish Goose. Glad you had fun.

[Sticking to the Parker-Grady debate, I failed to consider this great boat./QUOTE]

C'mon over Goose, the water's fine. :D My older hull design isn't well liked in chop, but the the newer ones handle it nicely. Well-finished boats.
Oh, I've always admired your classic. And it's perfect for Severn Pike chasing (I'm green with jealousy :D). I didn't realize that the bigger models handled so well in a chop, though. The Whaler 23 is now high on my list of boats that I'd like but can't afford.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The Whaler 23 is now high on my list of boats that I'd like but can't afford.
If all goes well, I will be purchasing a 2009 Whaler.

In the year 2035.

That's about how long I waited until I could afford the '69 model. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts