Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
First off can I just say I am jealous. Now lets get started! The old sky way bridge is now a fishing pier very good place to go. I would stay to the northern pier. From this pier be prepared to catch anything from kings, cobias, snappers and big grouper. You can also get a hold of some big snook. You will want to LL everything here so make sure you have bigger tackle. You can also fish from the old gandy blvd bridge another good spot. Here you will find specks, reds, snook, and maybe a smaller grouper.(10-15lbs!!) If you throw a live shrimp out and jig it back slow it is like cotton candy to the specks and reds. And to cover all ground LL one out there. The sky way is about a 20-30 minute drive depending on traffic but well worth it. If you go down in Feb. you should try to jump on a half day charter. It will be well worth it you should be able to find one on a day or two notice. They a pretty cheap because you don't have to travel far for a mixed bag of fish. Good luck. I miss Tampa was stationed there for 8 years and even though retirement is a long time away you can find me there when that time comes. If you need more help pmail me.

Chad

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.