Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went down to SC and grabbed my yak this weekend and I am heading out tuesday night to either Scotts Creek or Saint Julians Creek. I would enjoy some company. If anybody would care to join me or is heading out somewhere else, and would care for some company that would be great. I live in Portsmouth and prefer to avoid tunnel traffic on the weekdays. Also, is anybody going out for cobia next weekend? Mind if I tag along?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I will be in Portsmouth Wednesday morning to see my father. I may come down the evening before and be in the water. I usually fish around the new flyover in Port Norfolk. Have you been over there yet? There is a lot of new structure. My father lives right on the water there in Churchland, where I grew up. I want to spend some more time down there exploring too. If you ever want to get up, it's easiest to catch me on our website forum. I can get down there most any Sunday, as long as I get a chance to say hi to my father. We could even launch at his place. Portsmouth is really underrated for its fishing. We also have a couple P-Town guys that are always on our forum, that you should get up with.

John "Toast" Oast
Williamsburg Kayak Fishing Association
http://wkfa.org/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thinking about putting in at the boat ramp under the Jordan bridge and paddling but I am going to look into putting weather or not security will allow me to put in from the navy depot on the creek, if they will, I can bring you with me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wfka, I am not very familliar with that area but sounds good. let me know when you want to put in

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I scopped out the feasability of launching from the navy depot and its a no go so if you want to go to Saint Julians creek we will have to launch from the boat ramps under the Jordan bridge. As far as wednessday goes, I'm all in but need directions to the port area your speaking of. Ya'll should call me, 860-857-6562.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Scott's Creek:

It is legal to launch from any of the public Right of Ways in West Park View. Paddle out to the mouth of the creek and you will see some pilings across from the marina by the naval hospital helo pad. There is a sunken ship or barge there and I have caught fish on it.

Western Branch/Port Norfolk:

There is a beach you can see from the Western Freeway in Port Norfolk. That's Bayview St. I rode by there today and they just built a nice park there. I didn't see any no parking signs so I am assuming you can park and launch there. The West Norfolk bridge is right there.

Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For Scotts creek, I'll be launching from the navy hospital by the helopad. What have you caught there and what did you use?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Markbob,

I will not be able to be down there Tuesday night. I will be down Wednesday morning, and free to fish through the night. I will carry down your phone number. If you have not heard from me, give me a shout on my cell... 1-757-561-5015. If I don't answer, please leave a message.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts