Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody kicking it off tomorrow...after the hangover?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And hey, where's Clancy been? Miss you man.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Greg,

Depending on the wind and tide I may be out tomorrow. We had a super low tide tonight around 8PM. If any water comes back I will be out!

Mark

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nah. I'm going to wait till the wind lays down a bit. Plan to spend the day getting the Skeeter back into shape (after the hangover subsides). Let us know how you boys do.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm working. Like you Chris, I'll wait for better weather, or at least weather with less wind.....and more water.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Took the dog for a walk this morning to do a little recon and it is not looking very fishable at the moment. It is a fairly low tide and there is slush ice around the fringes. The wind is on the way up as well! The river is pretty cold right now 33-35 degrees. Hopefully we get a warm snap soon or the leader board may be a little lean until March!

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
We should look at sunspot maps before scheduling these Pickerel tournaments!

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I drove along Rt 450 across the headwaters of the South River about noon today. The wind had pushed the already shallow water out so far that most of what I could see upstream or downstream was in mud flats.

That area gets loaded with carp in the spring, but you need higher than normal tides just to maneuver a kayak or canoe through those shallow areas.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They normally don't have that much life left in them after I gaff 'em. :D

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
693 Posts
I'll be out there Saturday afternoon, probably between Old Place and Chase Creek. Anybody else?

Are gaffs legal in this tournament? Or eels?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are gaffs legal in this tournament? Or eels?
Anything is legal unless you get caught. Help me set up the gill net JP, and I'll split the winnings. :D

I may try and get out tomorrow also. I need to get my fishing license still, and my stickers still have not yet come for my boat. I like living on the edge. :rockingman2:

If I get out JP, I'll call you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts