Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish hawg left the icy ramp at 6:15 a.m. ...Pulled out of Rudee and made a right to start the day. Got to 32' of water and found good marks. Drop baits over trolled all over southern end down to sandbridge. Not a single bite. Managed to catch a small net, a snail, an a 9 in elwive right in the lip. Trolled north in the afternoon, too within about 5 miles of cape henry. Heard talk on radio of some guys catching random fish here and there. We had a good time today even though no fishes. Gonna try again tom..

Took a couple pics today. Pictured below is Chadpole from the "Makin Time"

1st photo Is when he first saw the hat we made him wear.

2nd photo is 2 or 6 beers later, He does'nt seem to mind the new lid

3rd photo " yeah it's cold"

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gave it another go today ( sunday jan 18). Left at 545 am rudee inlet. Motored up to cape Henry. Fished , and Fished , and fished...................................No bites, No Feesh. We fished hard all weekend with no luck, However we played by the rules/ LAW and stayed inside 3 mile line. Saw good bird activity this weekend beyond line :nono: .. My gut tells me that the cold weather snap moved the bait out to warmer water, and the rockies followed em. Did hear some chatter on the radio about some guys got lucky and found a few. I hope the fish come back and play some more. Good luck to all :thumbup:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I read somewhere earlier this year that it was illegal to target striper's past the three mile line ? Cuz as a guy that loves to striper fish I would have rode out past the line this weekend for a little action. Last year we were out fishing at Va beach and saw a bird display like I had never seen B 4. The coastie police were out in force watching. Chatter on the radio was that it was robo bird's trying to catch the dirty fisherman ( the guys spending a boat load of money in a little town on the off season ). Does anyone have any fact's on the law of fishing past the three mile line for fun ? :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Garry, Sux about your weekend skunk. I've had that seven out of eight trips this season. Tough. Taking a few weeks off hear to regroup for Feb.

As far as I've heard, yes, it is illegal to even target stripers past 3 miles. I think alot of poeple/charter captains treat it like the speed limit...hope you don't get caught.

Good info you posted on the other board about the dumpy hotel.

Scottho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts