Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished with George today. We did not get on the water until 11:00 due to work. We had a hard time finding fish or bait all day:nono:. We finally found some nice marks in 60 foot of water in the mouth of the Choptank, but the bay kick-up to five or six footers.:help: We had a long ride back to Breezy with the skunk in the boat.:nono:
The flag at Chesapeake Beach was straight out and the Bay looked like Ocean City. I do not think tomorrow is fishable. Guys be careful and good luck.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Temps just right for spawning?? They are not even close. There has been a little activity in the Choptank but thats it. This could be the longest trophy season I can ever remember? The bay water temps are barely hovering in the upper 40's. These fish will stay around until the water temps reach 65F +.. I know the upper reaches of the rivers and creeks are warmer but we will still see many waves of fish over the next 6 weeks:rockingreport:

The winds look great for Monday-Tuesday-Friday of this up coming week. I will be fishing all of these days. My boat will be in Deale. Its only a 10 min. ride to the fishing grounds. I might have a few spots open?

Phil (lily)

410-908-6921

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Thanks for the report Paul......I must have gotten lucky yesterday somehow.....left Middle River at 1 yesterday and ran down to CB on nice calm seas.....but then again I was running a Hatteras

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Willl
The wind kicked up just after 6:00. The weather looks windy for Sunday. I think Monday morning is looking good to pull a full spread.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts