Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After our Rocktoberfest meeting, I went home, cut off and stored all my striped bass lures, re-spooled my reels, and got my psyche generally ready for pickerel season. So when I got off early from work today, I decided to hit the Severn and try to put the hooks into a few of them river wolves. Upriver, downriver, east side, west side, I couldn't find anything even slightly resembling a pickerel. But, I did find these...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Damn, Chris... you're already at the top of the list for Fisherman of the Month - you are on a hot streak!

Great job - excellent pics :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That freudian "fist" slip again. Man you have issues. :D

Great job man. A pickerel would have meant a Severn Slam. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
26,108 Posts
Cool deal on the LM bass :thumbup:.Those Rock are fatso's :clapping2:.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
That is an incredible report. Great work.

J.P.W. and I ran into some fly guys just south of R.B. who said that they got into quite a few Pickerel in a creek....up to 20"

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Nice work Chris!!! You had a sweet variety of fish yesterday!!!!! I don't care what Greg say about you! You are all right :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Way to go Dead Low!!!! I would drop dead if I caught a large mouth in the Severn. That is awesome. I got out this morning with D. Sherwood. We saw tons of marks on the fish finder in the channel in front of Sherwood Forest and we trolled and jigged to no Avail. Then we switched over to go for the Pickeral and nothing. We called it a day when that bolt of lightning scared the carp out of us.

:clapping2:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
when that bolt of lightning scared the carp out of us.
Burt, you always were full of "fish". :D

The same went for me and my son today. Very little noted on down to RT 50. And who said Sherwood Forest was holding fish? :confused: We decided to head on home, but detoured into some creeks where we got some good winter feedback. :D Sorry, no pics.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
693 Posts
Don't let Greg pull your chain, Chris. Rock, LMBs, ring perch, stiffbacks--that's a Severn Slam in my book. A long green wolf would have given you a Super Slam, but that's a once-a-year deal at best.

Best, JPW.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
A long green wolf would have given you a Super Slam, but that's a once-a-year deal at best.
Not to toot my own horn, JP, but I used to be a pretty good (lucky) fisherman back in the day (2006).

One freakishly warm day in November, a older friend of mine who grew up on the river and myself decided to make the most of an opprtunity. That day I hauled in white perch, a big ol' Ned (among others), rock, and a dozen pickerel.

My friend said that all I needed was a LM to finish the slam. We were fishing some boat houses on Mathews Point when I got not one, but two to hit my line.

The only lure I used was a Panfish Assasin in chartreuse sparkle with a 1/4 ounce jighead.

My friend said it was one of the most productive and fun days he ever had on the water and, when discussed amongst us, has reached epic proportions.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I didn't get a chance to go out today because of girl's soccer and leaf clean-up, but my son and his buddy did.

Here's the biggest of the two my boy got. She's at 21".

Too bad it was on the Magothy. No help for me.

11-09-08_1421.jpg

11-09-08_1422.jpg

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to see at least SOMEONE with that last name can still catch pickerel!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You'll be there one day. :D

I taught him everything I know...it took 5 seconds.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Got out today for about 4 hours. Caught 1 white perch...and about 2 dozen "long green wolves". They ranged in size from 18"-22". Most caught on the fly with a few coming on spoons...that's right no Electric Chicken.

Fished spots all over the river, but found one very productive one on the north side. Hope they're there come Jnauary.

Here's a couple.

11-11-08_1033.jpg

11-11-08_1106.jpg

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
2-dozen is a great day

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, that's the last time I give Millenburg GPS coordinates! Please, no one else fish Brewer Creek. Fish where you want, but leave Brewer to us...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts