Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After visiting Ele yesterday, and buying a bunch of bass assasins and talking to people at the shop, I figured what the hell I'll give it a try today.

After running to the river this morning, I realized that things would be tough because the water at Port Deposit was real muddy. I decided to put the boat in anyway.

Water at Port on surface was 45.5 degrees. The mouth of the river was 46 degrees. Red point was 46.5. Turkey Point was 47, and the best water of the day was Sandy Point at 49.5. Probably because it was around 2:30p.m. Those are all surface temps.

Didn't mark any fish. Tried jiggin a half a dozen places but just knew it was a waste of time. Hopefully the water this week will clear up some, more fish will show up and fishing will get better.

Til' next time, tight lines.

jbfishing fool

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
250 Posts
Still a good day on the water:cool:
Sounds like temps are up a couple of degrees since we were there on Friday.
Any Day now.....

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Good report!

Thanks for the report....at least you got out!! You gave it a good shot, it should only get better from here!:clapping2:

·
Registered
855 Posts
I thought about running out today and dropping down some bloodworms but didn't get the chance. I just came across the dam about 30 minutes ago and they were running 10 gates. Afraid it's not a good picture for a while.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Thanks for the update on the conditions. At least you went out.

·
Registered
403 Posts
You got it all wrong..... BKD'S are the one's that catch fish, Just as Capt. Walleye Pete or any LT expert

Cost less and they're a more durable plastic. last 3 to 4 times as long as a BA's.

GOOGLE: "BASS KANDY DELIGHT" WEB SITE

It will save you $$ if you do.

I got a tackle box full of them and alltackle in annapolis can't keep them in stock they're a hot item.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
temps look good

with water temps that high, some fish should be there by now !

Here's hoping they are headed north as we write.

:rockon:

tight lines and light winds,
Don

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I have been getting some reports from the shore fishermen. There are some Stripers being caught on Bloodworms. Nothing real big yet.

They always seem to catch them from the shore before the flats.

Ele

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Seems that the water has warmed up a bit, fished the flats on Friday afternoon; water temp at Anchor marine was 50 and 43 - 45 on the flats along the NE channel out to Sandy Point. Visibility in the water was less than 6". Dunked cut herring for awhile and than headed to Balt to fish the warm water discharge. Caught a bunch of 16 - 28" stripers on 5" white BA & 3/8 oz jigs. Headed back north in some pretty dense fog, thank god for radar. Sonar was full of nice marks as we headed north, wish I had brought some Mojos, but sure those fish will be on the flats soon. There is areas that had debris, mostly small limbs but not as bad as I've seen in previous years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts