Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on hittin the flats this Friday morning, bright and early. I'll be launching at Tydings Marina, and heading straight south as fast as my Adventure with turbo fins will take me. I plan to troll some spoons and plugs on the way down, but my real goal is to get to the southern part of the flats and jig plastics. I plan to get off the water around lunch time.

Here's an exciting RELIABLE report:
http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/chesapeake-angler-origi...-mike-4-10-07-a.html

Josh

·
Registered
401 Posts
I wish I was comfortable enough to go to the flats, but I think I still have some learning yet to do.

By the way, your link no worky.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good luck tomorrow, this rain will not help. I am looking at the 24th for a try. I have a dentist appointment early afternoon and it doesn't make sense to make the hour comute for a half day. Or so goes my reasoning. I hope to extended forcast for warming weather by then holds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Josh, good Luck on Friday...be careful out there, they are not calling for the best weather. it does sound like it is really starting to turn on though.
Are you going to organize another Kayak Flats trip this year? Had a good time last year:fishing2:
Chris-formally wolfman with the sit-in yak:yes:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good luck, looks like with weather coming this could the last good flats day for a while.

BTW, have you considered launching at Elk Neck State Park? It's a bit more of a drive, but you should be able to launch your kayak from the swimming beach on the Northeast River side of the park (not the ramp on the Elk River side). That would put you right at the Southern end of the flats.

Map of Elk Neck State Park

1 - 7 of 7 Posts