Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the flats from Tydings around 12:30. Paddled south towards the fleet. Caught 11 rocks (16-22 inches) between the battery and the green channel marker due south of it... all on chartreuse BKDs, except one on a chartreuse/green CA. Should have stayed and fished there, but the fleet was calling me, and I kept paddling south all the way to rocky and sandy points. Saw plenty of schoolies being caught, just in time to be stopped by DNR and discovering that when I bought my 06 license, I threw away my 06 and kept my 05 in my tackle box. Grrr. After all that work paddling into the wind for 4? miles, dude sent me home... even though he called in and confirmed I had a license. I guess rules are rules.

On the way in (where I was forbidden to fish), there was a TON of bird activity straight out across the flats from Tydings... only one or two boats. Too far away for me to see if they were catching, or if the birds were just congregating... but they did seem to be active. Almost bought another license right there, and headed back out, but I was beat after the paddle in. If those birds were on fish, the boat/fish ratio was MUCH better than at the southern end of the flats.

Took some pics on film... the kind you have to develop. Fishfinder is on the to-get list before digicam, however.

And did I mention the mirage drive was a godsend in that wind!

Josh

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
At least you got into fish. Thats a lot better than I did when I launched at the Perryville Park a while back. How was the water clarity? When you eventually get a FF you'll never be without one.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Water clarity was excellent... at least 4 feet in places.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts