Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSGDan on KFS (from NJ) and I hit the flats, despite the 25 knot winds, from 6 until noon today. WE SUFFERED! I was pedaling as hard as I could back to the launch, and rarely exceeded 2mph. I was getting waves over the bow and hitting me in the chest regularly. We found fish at the southern tip of the flats... Eastern Shore by Turkey Point. Too bad we launched at the farthest possible place from there (Tydings).

The wind took us down there, but we paid badly coming home. Dan broke his paddle and got a tow, but only after suffering for more than 3 hours trying to get back. We both considered letting the wind take us to the opposite shore, ditching our kayaks, and calling a cab. Eventually, we perservered.

Here's my first fish of the day - I didn't take the camera out after this because it was too rough.

I caught fish up to 30 inches, and saw a few around 40 caught by boats. 10 inch Bass Kandy Delights were the best bait for bigger fish.

Here is a quick video of the wind, and me realizing what I've done to myself. Happy because I caught fish... dreading the task ahead.

Go get em guys... I'm off to Europe for two weeks and am disappointed I'm missing such a great fishery. Couldn't possibly be many days worse than the one you just watched... and even then the fishing was good.

G

·
pretty work...I got up there around 2:15 & it was really honkin..I was by myself so the Ocean 15 prowler stay atop the car...what kind of camera did you shoot video with?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sony S2 IS.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
When you're young..It's called fun.When you get older...you'll wonder why you did it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts