Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I drove over the Conowingo Dam yesterday (Tues), the water was definitely brown - and a lot was being sent through the dam. Tons of debris on the top side of the dam too, barrels, trees, and other fun stuff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It at least looks like another week till the river even thinks about calming down, there is a lot of snow north to melt an come down yet.. Coming across the Dam the trash on the upper side is terrible, guess they will let that go through some night this week. I think there are some fish in the flats because of some caught last week before the storm, but its not worth fighting logs all day to find fish. Guess i'll just sit at home bit my nails and dry cast my rods in the front yard. (I KNOW I'M NOT ALONE)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Ya'll

Been busy with a new job, can't surf as much now...;-)

But I'm finding the grove now...SPRING HAS SPRUNG:clap:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Should be headed out Friday. Gonna launch at Anchor and try to avoid some of the debris on the Susky side. Plan to take some bait! It may be a boat ride on a 70 degree day, but I'll post a condition update if nothing else.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It at least looks like another week till the river even thinks about calming down, there is a lot of snow north to melt an come down yet.. Coming across the Dam the trash on the upper side is terrible, guess they will let that go through some night this week. I think there are some fish in the flats because of some caught last week before the storm, but its not worth fighting logs all day to find fish. Guess i'll just sit at home bit my nails and dry cast my rods in the front yard. (I KNOW I'M NOT ALONE)
I try to use the backyard. It creates less strange looks and odd comments from the neighbors! Actually, bloodworms will work now if you want to try bait. Before the moritorium, we used to start "surf fishing" for them around mid March and had reasonable success even with cold muddy water.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good Luck on Friday Kevin, i'll be watching for your report.... Have as many eyes to the water as possible. The Northeast side is where the water will be warmer. The fish were caught last week down around Rocky Point......

·
Registered
628 Posts
In your reports please try to keep us (me?) few CARPERS in mind for any sidebar sighting/accidential catching. Pics are most welcome! I'm starting the first year of a multi year effort of dedicated Susquehanna/Flats carp fishing...starting off on the bank within weeks and then roaming the Flats and the region as I finish my carp boat. Keep a few, release a few...all great sport. Goal is that '40lber...and beyond.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Ever try the Conowingo reservoir? I've seen some big suckers up there. I saw two one day that had to be over 30#'s sucking down berries falling off a tree.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings from sunny Fla.

The winds have been 20 to 30 knots most every day for the past 30 days . One off shore day and a 22 pound Dorado and a dozen 2 to 4 pound Spanish on the fly. River fishing and pond fishing very slow at best. No one doing alot of catching! Hope the flats get better soon and look forward to seeing bay waters in a couple of weeks .

·
Registered
317 Posts
I used to love to fish for carp when I was a kid. There was a creek, walking distance from my house. Me and my neighbor would sit on the bank and fish for them with bread. If you held the rod you would never catch them. You had to sit down, real quiet like and wait for the memory loops in your mono to start straightening out and then bam, grab the rod, set the hook and fight the fish on 10lb mono, ripping drag as they swam back and forth in the creek in front of us. Great fun. The creek was only a couple feet deep, so you could watch them getting ready to eat your bait. Lots of fun for a 10 year old kid. I'm gonna have to take my kids back to that spot this summer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taking the kids fishing

It is a great way to take the kids fishing for catfish or carp. I had my kids catching river catfish and they loved it. Achor the boat over some structure. Bait up some hooks and within minutes the bites were happening. The cats love clam snouts. The fish get some size to them and the kids really enjoy reeling them in. Lots of memories.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sea Star steering

I am having problems with my sea star streering on my 140 ob unit. When I store the ob for trailering the motor falls to one side. There are no leaks. And sometimes it locks in that position and needs to be bled to get the air out. Sea star/teleflex tech said that the helm pump needs to be replaced ? Any help?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts