Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at anchor and ran to sandy point. Marked fish in 47 degrees and fished hard. Threw tonys, BA's (thanks Ele) soaked some herring... nothing. Ran over to the VA hospital. Only one other boat fishing there tried for a while, nothing. Ran to Turkey point, Rocky point threw everything at them. Nothing. Good marks and 49.1 at turkey point. Could see about 3.5 down. (Maybe the water is too clear!!!-- kidding). Great day for a boat ride. Cruised back to anchor at 55 mph cant do that too many times in April...
I will get them next time!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Seems it was a tough day for most of us. Apparently those fish around Turkey Pt turned on later. You just knew they were going to turn on later. It was wild watchin' those bass boats zip around the flats.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I fished the flats Saturday - got 4 nice stripers 35" to 40" Had a great day; but there was a lot of bass boats zooming up and down. Also, saw somebody out of their boat and trying to push their boat off of the sandbar.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
monman, you joke about the water being too clear. Last year, when there was a lull in the Striper action, that is what everyone was saying. In my opinion, it can never be too clear.

Ele

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
That's the beauty of fishing... always a good excuse why they aren't biting...but if they are...ALL SKILL :)

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
I could see my lures (albino AND chrt BA) 6-7 FEET down! around Fish Batt.

No fish tho!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
turns out my dad and stepson ate bananas for breakfast... neither used the toilet so i had 2 bananas on the boat.... i guess I am lucky the boat floated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts