Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going on the flats when? After Easter weekend if the weather warms it should be perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
saturday

I am thinking about headding out on sat. depending on the weather. I hope the weather predictions are wrong and it remain nice out. If that is the case, I will hit the flats on Sat. All are welcome to join me. give me a buz if you want to tmeet up.

Matt 202-285-4859

·
Registered
60 Posts
What flats do you guys mainly fish? Love shallow water fishing but have only been to a couple that require a boat East of the Coleman Bridge. Poquoson? I bought a kayak this fall and hope to find some redfish, trout, bluefish, or anything? any help appreciated

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Susky

The Susquehanna flat from Havre de Grace. I am waiting for weather that permits kayak fishing. I need a fix and I think it will require a day off work.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
My schedule is very unaccomodating with some major travel coming up, and trying to get things in order before I leave, but as soon as they start catching them on artificials I'm going to give it a try. I do not want to go paddle out and then drift or anchor with bait all day. Right now it is a bait bite, period.

The monsoon we had last night wont help any.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next Friday

As far out as next friday it does not look much better. I will have to keep jigs handy if it does not warm up.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
What size kayaks are good for the flats ? I was wondering about my 9.5' sit in ??

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I'd wait until later in the season when the fish are up by Perryville Park for that yak. It's certainly fishable from that kayak, but you will not be as mobile as the longer/faster kayaks. You can usually catch stripers within a few hundred yards of Perryville Park as the C&R season progresses. I have not heard of much action there yet... more on the southern part of the flats... which is not easily accessible without a fast kayak.

Then again, if you're in great paddling shape... who am I to put limitations on you. I've done 20+ mile days (on the GPS) looking for fish on the flats, and didn't die... but that was in a 16 foot yak. Still, if I was out there and saw a fleet of boats catching a few miles away, I'd grin and bear it and paddle that barge down there if I was you.

Josh

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
"barge" That reinforces my thoughts towrds looking for something a bit more streamline. i'll me keeping my eyes on the bord for some action and yaks for sale :)

Maybe instead of worrying about elecs...I'll focus on the yak part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts