Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2-3 retired guys want to tow 22' boat up to flats, fishing/hotel/eat for few days.
Marina to leave boat and hotel nearby. Is HDG a hoppin' town at night???:cool2:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I wouldn't say its a hoppin' town at night but there are a few decent places to get some beers and something to eat.

·
Registered
239 Posts
im partial to HDG on the bar/party scene at night if you call it that, if you want a 15 minute drive, hit up main street in Bel Air...but nothing seconds the fishing

·
Registered
245 Posts
North East has a motel right off the exit with plenty of trailer parking. From there to the ramp is only about 5 minutes (at Mc Daniel's). Between the ramp and the Motel is a Mc D's and a West Marine. By the way Herb's bait and tackle is also between the hotel and the ramp. Plenty of places to eat and have a few pops. HDG is a little seedy in spots so I'd go to North East.

·
Registered
610 Posts
throwback
There is not a ramp at Mc Daniel's marina. There is very fine ramp at anchor marina right outside of town. Only 5 mins. to the flats by water and you don't have to deal with skinny water getting out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not sure about HavreDeGrace, but North East has Hoilday Express and Crystal Inn just off I-95. Woody's Crab House, Pier 1 Restaurant, Nauti Goose Saloon are good choices for food and drink among others in the immediate area. Anchor Marina is located in North East and may accommodate boat storage/parking. Charlestown isn't far from there either with a public ramp and fast access to the North East side of the flats. Ele and Sue (Herb's Tackle) can hook you up with any fishing supplies you may have left at home and Walmart is between the hotels and downtown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts