Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick afternoon flattie trip with Lou. Got up to the bend around 1300. Noticed a four degree water temp drop from Friday. I had 54/55 Friday. Monday was 50.... Yikes! It was slow for us up there. Got a few throwbacks with one keeper. We decided to jet down to the first. Got a few more throwbacks, then called it a day at 1630. Man, it was chilly out there.:eek: Gonna try again Friday or Saturday.:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
I came across the CBBT yesterday around 1 and saw quite a few boats sort of bunched up. I guess you guys were in the mix.

Nice going. At least you did not get skunked.

With the success you had last week I am guessing you still have enough Flounder on hand for a few more dinners until you get back on them.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
For sure felt like striper weather to me. We had a morning bite only. Perhaps it was the wind and current working with each produced a good drift (1 - 1.5 knots). Once it changed over to the incoming in the afternoon, the drift sucked, less than .5 knots. And I'm like you, flounder fishing is not suppose to be work so I'm too lazy to power troll.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I need it to warm up as well!!!! Had a fun time regardless especially with all the folks runnig wide open between the spans!!!!!! I am looking to head out Friday afternoon as well, anyone care to join me???

·
Registered
91 Posts
I will be out there thursday and friday. Tried to go today and blew an impeller to to the water pump. Spent all day trying to find parts and when I finally changed it, sat at Owls Creek for an hour with the boat in the water waiting to see how she ran. Ran great, cool water coming out. Got lots of fiddlers and bait...got friends from New York coming in tomorrow. See you out there Lou, don't have to worry about me running full throttle through the span....idiots. Anyways, tight lines and good seas.

Joel
"Fatbouy"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts