Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of Flounder 18" Sunday, and a 19" Monday about a mile
down river from Waterview. Thanks to Mr J's Pleasure. I was having a slow day of it on Sunday with the wife and son and Mr J's
put me on some good quality croaker, meanwhile a friend of mine was following me around and picked up the 18"er on peeler crab at the same location. That was all I needed to see. I was out there the next morning with my flounder set-up. It wasn'nt fast and furious but I did manage a 19"er with a by-catch of about a dozen 2 lb. croaker. Quality fish and easy to get to. It should only get better.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Like Feeshon, I've only caught a few flounder by accident in the Rapp., and I fish it a lot. Any pointers on depth/structure/etc.? Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I frequently fish this part of the Rapp for flounder durring the end of June and first couple weeks of July however, I always fish the Greenvale side. These fish were caught on the Waterview side about 1 mile down river in front of a little creek called Harry George Creek in about 12 ft. of water on the deep side of the crab pot line. If you work that area you will see some ridges where the water will change from 16 ft. to 10 ft. the flounder were on the top of these ridges. Outgoing tide 70.5 degrees

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thanks Sea Wolf - give us a shout this weekend - we're on the Jezebel II out of DYC. We're running to Gloucester this weekend to stay for the weekend and taking the boat weather permitting.

Feeshon

·
Registered
421 Posts
Many thanks Seawolff! Didn't expect such detailed info, including your spot, but really appreciate the help. I'll definitely give them a try later in the month. The area you described sounds a lot like where I used to catch good numbers of flounder in the Potomac off Bonham's Creek during June. Haven't been there in many years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Feeshon,
Many thanks for dropping me that wind cheeter. Too bad our mutual friend cracked it in half on my outrigger [sad]

No damage that I could find to it, but oh well.

Make sure he takes care of replacing it. If not, I'll replace it for you. It was was a very nice gesture and I appreciate it. We did not have any bites, but it appears my crew was a little casting challenged. No matter, we had tons of fun.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Chiles - I saw that cast and watched the Windcheater die a quick death - I was laughing at it but I only knew it split because I've done the same thing before. We caught about three on the other side but they were all small. Amy started to look at me like "haven't you fished enough ( never ) and we took it in the barn pretty early. Went to Taylor's and hooked a plate full of soft shells.

We'll have to hook up for a trip to the cell - we start going every weekend starting in about two weeks. Flounder city in late June.

Feeshon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts