Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished this AM from 6:30 till 9:30 and the Shad were thick as could be. To my surprise they were renting boats and the water level and quality were not bad at all. Several stretches of "every cast action" Probably 50 Hickory and 1 American that might have gone 4 lbs. Also, 2 prehistoric looking blue cats on fresh herring. Unfortunately, not a Striper to be found. Green & White darts were the ticket, but Red & White and Orange & White caught as well. Lot of debris in the water so be careful and go get em.

·
Registered
319 Posts
the entrance in 1 way there and the opposite direction when coming from MD....

do you go up resevior and turn around? what happens when someone is exiting there? do trucks fit through the tunnel? havent been there in a while

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Struck out there today, both trying to rent a boat and looking for shad. I thought the point of putting your name and number on the boat wait list was they'd call when one came in, guess not.

did have a few followers/flashers casting from shore but they were small, too small to be hickories, at least smaller than any hickory I've ever seen.

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
Struck out there today, both trying to rent a boat and looking for shad. I thought the point of putting your name and number on the boat wait list was they'd call when one came in, guess not.

did have a few followers/flashers casting from shore but they were small, too small to be hickories, at least smaller than any hickory I've ever seen.

TIGHT LINES!!
Frank, Take your boat up there. I have a 17' Key West and I launch from National Airport ( Gravley Point) Deep water all the way up. Some depths of 75 feet. Next week the fishing there should peek.........Gary

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I went early Sunday. Boat rentals begin at 6am.
Watched lots of guys catchen took me 2 hours before I got into them.
I am use to using #8 3 way swevels with #6 line with a 1/4 & 1/8 darts or spoons.
Because the current was so strong today I learned using a heaver 1/2 oz dart and tying a dropper from it is the way that worked best today.
My hot lure is the next to smallest Nungasser (sp) Gold spoon.
Had a great time catching Big Hick's (Poor Mans Tarpon)!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Time to talk about someone else's spot now. It's not a huge spot and is getting tons of pressure this year. Maybe because the shad fishing on the susky hasn't really started yet. Who knows. I know that I waited over an hour to get a row boat yesterday and walked with three kids almost all the way to CB looking for a spot. Guess what, there wasn't one. It's a small spot so for everyone trying to help other people out, please, refrain from doing so on an open forum and make other people figure it out on their own. ON Saturday I saw a lot of sperm on the surface and smelled that familiar aroma of a fish party. I'm sure we'll read about it on the DNR report this week. I think most of the bigguns have headed south already. Usually happens around this time of year every year, regardless of water temp on that river. However, water temp is right where it should be for the spawn on that river. See you next year. I had a pretty good march so can't complain. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Salmo - Dunno what time you were there. High tide was around 1:30pm. I walked a ways above Fletchers around 2:30pm on Sunday and the tide was high enough that the vast majority of good access popints were not accessible even in hipboots. So, for others, if you want to have your pick of good access points above Fletchers then take hipboots and try to go during lower tide periods... there's 4X more access points at lower tides above Fletchers.And if you try this then keep an eye on the tide so you don't get stranded on a rocky point. iI've seen that happen several times.

Dunno what the problem is with the Susky run. Its way late, most assuredly due to water that is too cold and murky/muddy. Flowage coming down from mid/north PA is really chilly.
--------------------
Haven't checked Susky gauges fror many days. I thought all was fine and dandy. Just checked the gauges and Conowingo has several flood gates opened. Flows up at Harrisburg are dropping fast though. So barring any more heavy rain the Susky should settle down in a few more days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts