Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some new electronics over the winter and the FLIR system really caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone has either used this or has this on their boat. It looks like an amazing feature for night fishing, pre-dawn fishing.

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
FLIR now owns Raymarine...FWIW... I just saw an ad (Boat US Mag) for Raymarine's new night vision viewer; pretty slick.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that they own Raymarine. DO you think that means there will be less issues with the new night vision viewer?

·
Registered
370 Posts
FLIR makes the best night vision cameras out there, and they have tons of configurations, but you get what you pay for. Higher cost model = Higher performance and Lower cost model = Less performance. Do your research. You should be able to find one that falls in the middle somewhere.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RM

How accurate are they? How accurate is the detail? What model do you have and what was the price(if you don't mind sharing)? Any major issues, such as with the pan adjustment? As a firefighter, I am used to working with thermal imaging cameras and they are amazing. On firefighter models the issue is depth perception, is that an issue on the marine models? Would you consider the FLIR a better option than a good radar and spotlight?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts