Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone deploy and use artificial lighting to draw in the schoolies this time of year? It seems like bait is concentrating really hard under dock lights and the bridges. I just wonder why it isn't more popular to deploy your own light (like a floating headlight) and just fish around them at night.. Anyone doing this?

Btw, the lightline of the HRBT was a solid bluefish blitz all night last night. 10-12 inchers and no stripers that I know of... millions of them

·
Registered
365 Posts
floating lights

Does anyone deploy and use artificial lighting to draw in the schoolies this time of year? It seems like bait is concentrating really hard under dock lights and the bridges. I just wonder why it isn't more popular to deploy your own light (like a floating headlight) and just fish around them at night.. Anyone doing this?

Btw, the lightline of the HRBT was a solid blitz all night last night. 10-12 inchers and no stripers that I know of... millions of them
I worked with a guy that would fish all weekend. Left on friday and come back home on sunday. I never fished with him but heard stories from people that did, he had 28/30 footer with a flybrige. Hre had lights mounted on the bottom of the boat. They said the boat looked like a floating city at night. He also had a reputation for filling coolers.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
It seems to be pretty common place in lakes... I just cant believe more people don't do it??
I used to fish in the fall at lake Anna, when I arrived at docks early in morning some
of the guys that fished at night used lights. Crappie, Cats and a few stripes were
normal catch. They all swore lights were great way to attract fish.
On the Rapp river I loved fishing the docks that had lights!
But have to say I have never really given lights a Fair trial..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
my impression is that a light has to be in the same place for some time to draw the bait and then the predators.

There used to be this very annoying boat at MMBT who trolled with huge lights following his spread; just served to blind everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts