Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a floating Mojo?? I'm having a tough time "balancing" it in the waves??Suggestions appreciated. Got some shots at Teal early Sat. then everything shutdown.C'mon cold weather.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I took my mojo off the float as the birds would veer off at the last moment. I think that a mojo on a stake is better. I going to invest the $70 in a remote control. I think shutting off the mojo will allow the birds to drop in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinkin of a dowel in the front, in the mud. with an electricians cable tie to the neck and dowel??I'll do some experiments. The impoundment we hunt most is 2-3 feet deep where the decoys go.That battery has to be JUST RIGHT or the deek will flip and take on water. It's not the best designIMO[grin]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doug,
There's an explanation in the paperwork about getting the battery centered on the velcro portion, inside the decoy. We tryed for ten minutes but couldn't get it float right??I have to agree, without a stake it ain't much>Thanks for the replys

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did any of you guys catch the tred barta episode where he was seaducking for ol sqaws? He attached one of those wind driven whirly gigs ( where the wings spin in opposite diretions) to a kids boogie board. He had lead weight attached to the bottom somehow and had it painted like a scoter.

Honestly, the guys intensity is alittle much but the idea was interesting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In general, I find mojos flare ducks early in the season, whether they are on a stake or floaters.

Later in the year, the mojos work better for me, although I swear it flares geese.

We used to hunt with a floater bluebill mojo in a diver spread and that seemed to have an incredible impact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.