Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of giving the lower Susquehanna a try for smallies and or stripers. I have two plans right now. One is to start at the dam and float down to mouth of Deer Creek. The other is to start at deer creek and float down to Lapdem or HdG. I’m a fairly new kayak fishing are either one of these trips doable. Which would offer the most opportunities?
Ken

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ken:

I've never done either trip, but I want to, that stretch of river is high on my list. We could do a shuttle, too, with our two cars.

Lemme know if you want to go...with a few days heads-up, I can usually make it during the summer.

-- Doug

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Post here and I'd probably join you. I too would like to do some exploring. I suggest you start at the dam... the stripers can bunch up at the base. You'll be getting as close as you are allowed, and making long casts.

I've heard storms are doing well, though usually live perch is the ticket. Some of the reports indicate that there is so much white perch in the river now that you can catch tons of bait, but your bait will be rigged for stripers in a school of hundreds of other perch, and is pretty much ignored (law of averages).

You can do the "injured baitfish" thing much better with a perch-esque storm to try to get someone's attention.

·
Registered
30 Posts
if you would be interested in a group of yaks, I would be in for a trip down the susky. I can even help transport an extra kayak as needed. I have never fished there in a yak so I don't have much to offer for advice, but it looks like a good trip.
Keep us posted[smile]
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.