Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Have Bigfoot decoys and notice that they tend to not be all that attractive to birds on sunny days. Do the flocking kits work?

How do they stand up to abuse as I am not the gentlest decoy handler.

Are their paints or other alternatives that work as well/last longer?

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
You can buy replacement GHG flocked heads for Bigfoot Decoys, they look great. You do have to be careful with them though. I have 3dz GHG floaters and even putting them in 6 slot decoy bags after the first use they were already showing some wear. They recommend that you put socks or pantyhose over the heads to protect them. Personally I wish at this point that I purchased decoys without flocking. I tend to be rough on my decoys as well. I haven't tried the kits, though if these decoys lose flocking as fast as I think they are going to I will have to give it a shot. Good luck.

Pat

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have some greenhead goose dekes with flocked heads, flocking is ok, hardest part we have is keeping the mud off the flocking, mud is harder to get off on the flocked heads, I have flocked some mallard heads with green and it does last very long.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Wanted to say that the flocking on the mallards that I did does not stay on very well. Not sure if it is the adhesive glue that I'm using or what. I have some black that I'm thinking about putting on some old herter goose dekes. Going to try a spray adhesive that I got at the hardware store.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, haven't checked this board for a while as the fishing has been getting all my attention. Time to put the boat on the skids and hit the fields.

May try to experiment with some different paints.

Will fill you in on the results.

D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts