Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some flooding pictures posted on Facebook. Does anyone have any to share and how much of a storm surge did you get?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I went by Bubba's seafood on Lynnhaven and they had water, it was hard to tell if it was just touching or a few inches inside. Chicks docks were under water almost to the bottom of the benches on the dock. Lynnhaven boatel had water in their parking lot about halfway to the building by their docks. 7 foot seas in the bay and blowing 30 - 40 knots.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ist what we pay for right. Waterfront property. LOL

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
WE HAD A BOAT ON LIFT IN SALT PONDS DURING ISABELLE WHICH WAS NOT TIED DOWN. AFTER THE STORM IT WAS OVER IN THE MARSH ON OTHER SIDE OF WATER. FROM THAT TIME ON i SEE HE ALWAYS HAS IT TIED TO THE LIFT. GOOD IDEA.

BOB ALLEN HAMPTON \\

HELP: WE HAD A TERRIBLE STORM IN MARCH ABOUT 1980 WHICH FLOODED EVERYTHING...I WANT TO LOOK UP THAT STORM: EVERYONE REFERRED TO IT AS THE GREAT MARCH STORM, BUT I CANNOT REMEMBER THE YEAR MAYBE 1980. DOES ANYONE REMEMBER. POQUOSON ALMOST FLOATED AWAY THAT DAY. IT MAY HAVE BEEN CALLED THE IDES OF MARCH STORM...OR SOMETHING SIMILAR...

DURING ISABELLEL, FIRST STREET IN BUCKROE RAN LIKE A RIVER...A MERCEDES FLOATED OUT OF A DRIVEWAY DOWN THE STREET A QUARTER MILE BEFORE IT CAME TO REST AGAINST A MAILBOX...I HAVE PHOTOS, BUT THEY DO NOT DO THE FLOODING JUSTICE, ONE HJAD TO BE HERE TO EXPERIENCE IT.

BOB ALLEN , BUCKROE BEACH , VA

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
High tide here now. Water level are higher now, than I have seen yet. First pic is of a house that is on water , @500ft behind my house.
2nd pic, is the pines next to that house.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Did make it up to the house this morning wind changed its pulled the water out quickly so other than about two weeks drying out,, LOL We're back to normal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts