Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as sson as the Stripers and Shad start to get active the river floods.

Please,no more rain.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep, Murphys law.

Shad and stripers start running, temps warm up, i get a boat, stinkin 5/7 days of rain the day after i pick up my boat.[sad][sad][sad]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sunday is looking pretty good this weekend. Lets just keep our fingers crossed we don't get a monsoon friday/saturday.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maybe tomorrow am before the rise runs anyone with sense off the river. Looks like another week with the shad protected from us by high muddy water.[shy]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Maybe if some of you boys would go to church on Sundays and drop a little change in the offering plate an pay the preacher a little mayb it would lighten up on the rain some! LOL!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well this isn't good news!!! Probably another week of no shad fishing.

Eric[sad]

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...FLOOD WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WAKEFIELD, VA 1148 AM EST SAT APR 02 2005
FOR THE LOWER JAMES BASIN... INCLUDING PALMYRA... RICHMOND WESTHAM... MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.

... MINOR FLOODING EXPECTED AT PALMYRA AND RICHMOND WESTHAM...

FOR THE RIVANNA RIVER AT PALMYRA... THE LATEST STAGE WAS 6.1 FEET AT 11 AM SATURDAY. MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST... WITH A CREST OF 17.5 FEET AROUND 5 AM SUNDAY... WHICH IS 0.5 FEET ABOVE FLOOD STAGE. THE RIVER LEVEL WILL RISE ABOVE THE FLOOD STAGE OF 17.0 FEET AROUND 4 AM SUNDAY. THE RIVER LEVEL WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE AROUND 9 AM SUNDAY.

FOR THE JAMES RIVER AT RICHMOND WESTHAM... THE LATEST STAGE WAS 8.8 FEET AT 11 AM SATURDAY. MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST... WITH A CREST OF 14.1 FEET AROUND 2 PM MONDAY... WHICH IS 2.1 FEET ABOVE FLOOD STAGE. THE RIVER LEVEL WILL RISE ABOVE THE FLOOD STAGE OF 12.0 FEET AROUND 2 PM SUNDAY.

PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION IF VENTURING NEAR RIVERBANKS. MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND IMMEDIATELY SHOULD RISING WATER THREATEN YOUR SAFETY....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heck with it. I done spent all my fishing money for this weekend on a new rod & reel anyways. Saw what looked like rescue vehicles with empty boat trailers at the Hopewell marina today around 3pm. Wonder if they were doing training, or someone got into trouble out there today. Looked pretty nasty on the water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts