Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miami fishing report with Jay Fleming professional photographer and TF brother and his assistant me. The Sailfish were jumping and Jay got his first sail ever. It was fun to watch as he reeled in a nice Sail. Jay has caught many Shark before so he was up for the battle and handled the fish like a pro. We got some great shots and Jay got a fantastic underwater tarpon shot with his Nikon D300 with under water housing. I need to get one of them. As many of you know Jay has taken some spectacular under water shots and I was all about learning how. We had a great day with his friend Barret from home. We caught some nice Sail's a beautiful Black Grouper which had to be released. The pics of Jay with the Drum and Redfish are from Mosquito lagoon.

Water Liquid Fin Fluid Fish
Water Liquid Vertebrate Common dolphins Fin
Water Liquid Fluid Wind wave Ocean
Water Fluid Fish Fin Food
Water Vertebrate Liquid Fluid Fin
Water Smile Sky Vertebrate Sunglasses
Water Glasses Sky Sunglasses Lake
Water Fin Fish Marine biology Ray-finned fish
Smile Vertebrate Water Sky Gesture
Water Sky Cloud Boat Vertebrate

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Boy Hank you know how to live it up ol' buddy....those pics are the best ones you've posted yet....that tarpon pic is amazing!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jamie that Tarpon photo was shot by Jay with his underwater housing on his camera. I'm getting one of them. I tried to coax him into the water when I had a Sail on the line for some shots but we had some 4-5ft waves and wind. That would have been amazing in the blue water.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy where will you be?

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Hank- you make me sick!......................:yes:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hit the secret Mid Bay spot tomorrow and you will feel better Leon.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Hank I saw a picture of Bouncer the other day, he is huge. He looks to me like a ticking time bomb. I wish someone could talk to him about his weight, he is asking for a stroke or heart attack.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steve Bouncer has been that way for years. I have known him for almost 25 years. He doesn't eat at all but he will drink a case of diet Coke without a problem. I find it amazing that he can fish over 300 days a year and never get tired of catching fish. I hold his boat record of 14 Sails solo in 6 hours of fishing. Talk about serious pullage. I needed two days of rest afterward.
Shawn I need to get the under water housing for my Nikon D3s. Down here there are plenty of opportunities for under water photography with all the blue water. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Hit the secret Mid Bay spot tomorrow and you will feel better Leon.
Gawd........I'm sooooooooooo predictabledoh...............

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hank-were fishing in islamorada Friday and Saturday if the winds cooperate. I can get used to this 75* weather. Going to be down for a week the first week of march with the wife and kids. Maybe I'll be able to sneak in one day of fishing then as well.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andy where will you be the first week in March?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Nice, I'll be fishing mosquito lagoon for reds and specks in a week!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Hank - great pics. Always love to hear how the fishing is down there on the eastern side of FL. Would love to get down there and give it a try. Looks like a lot of action/fun! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hank- I think we will be at sanibel island. I let my wife book the place so I'll find out when I get back in Va.

I jumped a tarpon today that the guide thought was 130 lbs back in the mangroves on my little 6' st croix. Got to fight him for 8 minutes or so. Gonna be hard to get excited about going back to catching rockfish after that.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Andy, it's nothing to drive across to the east coast. I'm sure you and Hank will nail them good if you do! Question is whether Rachel will sign off on your request!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Andy been there done that.:help: You can battle them with a 6' St Croix in open water but in the shallows that's a different story. Andy Sanibel is only 30 minutes north of me. Pine Island had been holding some nice Reds and Snook and should only get better with the warm up. 80 degrees and sunny for the next ten days.:yes: Give me a shout when you come down maybe we can hook up.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Hank- I think we will be at sanibel island. I let my wife book the place so I'll find out when I get back in Va.

I jumped a tarpon today that the guide thought was 130 lbs back in the mangroves on my little 6' st croix. Got to fight him for 8 minutes or so. Gonna be hard to get excited about going back to catching rockfish after that.
We call that getting the Florida fever, next you will be buying florida Sportsman magazine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts