Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an oportunity to spend a week in the Keys near Islamarada. Have already planned a guided trip to the mangroves. Anyone have any info on where you can do some light tackle fishing from shore or bridge crossings during my down time. Plan on taking fly rod and light jigging tackle.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Locations, Lures etc:helpsmilie:
fishboy

·
Registered
654 Posts
There are numerous bridges though the angling is not too exciting IMO from bridges. There are several wadeable flats in the area you could try. Get some shrimp, a smallish hook and maybe a split shot and look for bones. Toss the shrimp toward them and just let it sit, they'll find it. Also, you could bring a tube lure and try for cuda, you need a reel with a fast retrieve for this. When you spot one, cast and reel like your life depends on it.

Also maybe try renting a little boat for a day.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I spent the month of April fishing out of Long Key(not far from Islamarada with two friends and it was fantastic! We did everything from bottom fishing at the bridge to offshore reef fishing and it was all good. The best fishing I have ever had. We had a 19' Twin Vee and it was the perfect boat for the varied fishing we were doing. Snook, Snappers,(many species) Yellowtail, Porgies, Cuda, Grunts, Grouper, Shark, Dolphin, Tuna, Trout, Mackeral and more

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Again, read old posts on Florida Keys Board.. I rented a boat for a week last year @ Capt Pips.. Not bad, limited areas you can travel, but top notch service. So many oppurtunity's down there.. And Mr Rose, its not gay in Islamarada, that's a lot further west.....;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts