Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to 42 on Wednesday. It was kind of rough. I didn’t get there until around 11:30. Caught a 25” and 18” flounder in about 15 minutes, then no more bites and went back at 1PM. A couple charters there were talking on the radio and sounds like they had been catching better before I arrived.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was not sure what I was going to do that day, so I just had some squid on standard flounder rig with 12 oz weights. The wind was blowing but there didn’t seem to be much tide. I’ve heard they are hitting cut bait from croaker, but I can’t seem to catch any over there when I have needed them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was talking to some friends from work this week they went there over the weekend & caught 10 but only 2 were just big enough to keep.They were using squid & cutbait also, drifting drop offs.They also landed a croaker over 3 lbs!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thanks for the report - been trying to get over that way for two weeks now. Once I got the family of cats out of the boat ( they had taken up residence in the gunnels and scared the %$# out of me when I opened here up ) I have encountered some tune up issues that I want to resolve before running across. I am a lot closer now as I moved to Gwynn's.

Feeshon [grin]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts