Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife went to a girls weekend early Saturday and all requested chores finished up by 1, headed out of Gwynn's Island Boatel for a scouting trip for my Sunday crew. At the Cell at 4:30, fished till 8:15. Landed five up to 24" and lost a couple drag screamers... Couldn't blame the net man as it was me. Back at the dock with the sun setting over Milford Haven ( awesome sunset as I ran across ) and got home at 11PM. Up at 5, and back on the water at 7:15 for the run across. First drift a 19", then it was red hot for about two hours with two nice fish per drift. After many recounts, we finally nailed number 12 and headed in. Two fish under 20" and the rest were 20-24". All fish were caught on double flounder rigs in 42-53 feet. What a great trip - hope they stay till this weekend as I have an out of town crew set up.

Almost forgot - my buddy Scot pulled in a 16" gray on the last drift as well, right at the drop off to 70'.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin][grin]

·
Registered
170 Posts
What a great day Dave. Congrats! Ya'll guys are doing a number on them. If I keep reading these reports I'm gonna have to go even if it's 10 ft. seas.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now all I need to do is get the resizing thing down. Every once in a while the blind monkey finds the nut.

BT - I thought you'd be posting your sheep citation report from the secret hole last weekend ?

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts