Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take the day off and head out to the CBBT for a few hours. Caught my limit in 3 hours with the largest going 24" and weighing 5+ lbs according to my old rusty scale. The rest went 21", 18" and 16.5". Water was clear for the most part aside from a few patches of algae blooms. All caught on minnow/squid. Also watched this large catamaran going in and out of Little Creek to the baymouth and back to Little Creek, 3 or 4x. I guess sea trials. Anyone know what this is? Had a #2 on the hull. I'm guessing military sealift swift boat?? Great day on the water and much better than working.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
it might be the HSV-2 Swift is a hybrid catamaran originally leased by the United States Navy as a mine countermeasures and sea basing test platform. She is now privately owned and operated by Sealift Inc. and previously chartered to the United States Navy Military Sealift Command.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSV-2_Swift

nice report, glad you caught some before the storm.

Also I hate those toads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just from looking at head,seems to be a lizard fish. Great catch.

.:thumbup:
Decided to take the day off and head out to the CBBT for a few hours. Caught my limit in 3 hours with the largest going 24" and weighing 5+ lbs according to my old rusty scale. The rest went 21", 18" and 16.5". Water was clear for the most part aside from a few patches of algae blooms. All caught on minnow/squid. Also watched this large catamaran going in and out of Little Creek to the baymouth and back to Little Creek, 3 or 4x. I guess sea trials. Anyone know what this is? Had a #2 on the hull. I'm guessing military sealift swift boat?? Great day on the water and much better than working.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lizardfish. Caught 2 last sunday as well, no idea what they were.

My pops says they used to call them "preacher dicks", couldn't imagine why.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, it was a lizard fish though I did catch a couple citation size oystertoads while I was out there.

A friend mentioned that have seen that catamaran tied up inside Little Creek so you might be right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.