Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left Salt Ponds at 7:15 with a great crew of 2 and headed straight to the 2nd island. Fished hard with the rest of ya's for 3 hours without even a hint of a flounder bite, plenty of toads, a few rays. Saw two nice keepers boated and one short between about 30 boats fishing. No love, made one stop for about 45 minutes between the bridge and home and then started to fish off Buckroe. It wasn't until 1:15 until we had our first flounder in the box, caught on a flounder rig with croaker strip while slow trolling against the current. Proceeded to catch one on every pass for the next 4 and left them biting at 2:30 to come home. Nothing to write home about but, nice confidence boster to know my methods still work and had good crew doing their part and fishing hard. Certainly makes me feel better about going out again in a few days to try again. Tight lines to y'all. (sorry no pics)

Brad Anderson
aboard the Miss T.
Wellcraft V20

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Good report. There is a lesson to be learned here. Says something about fishing in your own backyard close to home versus where everyone else is fishing. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the report. I fished Friday over the tube between the 3rd and 4th, end of incoming and caught 4 flounder. 2 keepers and 2 about 15". The biggest was 22" and ate this little guy after he ate my mud minnow. Got lucky by the food chain for once! View attachment 173106

1 - 6 of 6 Posts