Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the fall flounder migration around the CBBT started, going good, or has it ended? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
they will and can be caught well into the end of the year.......even the stretch draggers catch some fatties along the beach in Jan/Feb along sandbridge

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
This is a tough one to predict. Do they migrate out of the bay? Yes...some times they are around until Dec and yes, you can catch them in the ocean in Dec and Jan. I've caught some trolling and/or jigging for Rockfish. The first year I fished the bay (1999) some flounder pounders on my dock in Little Creek were catching limits at the small boat channel in the first week in December (just one example).

If you want to look for them, try any of the channels leading out of the bay. ES along Kipto to 36a, Baltimore Channel and TS Channel usually east of the CBBT is a good bet but it's been very hit and miss the last couple of years and having these strong winds and quickly dropping temps won't help much. If you hit it right, it can be an epic trip. I know they were biting good off 36a before the big blow a week ago but these strong winds usually change things around.

If it were me, I would be trying Balt channel east of the 3rd/4th island. I usually do better drifting from the channel edges and into the flats in 40-50ft of water...

Good luck out there.

Glenn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts