Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched the sun come up over the Smith Island this am and although I kept my jacket on as it was still a bit nippy I had hopes that a flat fish or two would be interested in my minnows...by seven am I had my 4 two 19",1 20" and 1 21", proceeded to tag 8 more fish including an 18"...then the tide picked, got muddy and it was over..of note is these fish were feeding on small red crabs and spit up several as they were boated. Water temp was 51.9 and these fish were in 22 feet of water...A great start to what we all hope will be a season to remember. Go get em...

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice work.
I'm fishing the Quinby/WachapregueWillis Wharf areaTuesday through Friday this week.
Your report had great info about the red crabs....I 'll make sure I have one rig ready with some red in it.
I'll post up my results when I get home.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sounds almost like some sort of sand crab

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Red crabs,now the pink thing makes sense. Fished Wachapreague for three days last weekend and they definitely wanted pink. I guess that pink is close enough to red for a flounder.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Hey Dave
Just became a fish tagger. Taged 23 Tog over the weekend. Nice catch on the flatties.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts