Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ugly Stik Intercoast and Bigwater 6'6" for drifting baits. Both wear Abu 6000's but I may put Penn 9M's on em and use the Abus for something else.
Jigging inshore on the ESVA seaside, I love my Shimano Teramar 7'4" rated for 3/4oz with a Penn SSg 430 and 20# PP. I also have a Shimano Teramar 7' rated for up to 1 1/2oz, with a Daiwa BG 13 and 20# PP. I use this for heavier jigging in deeper and faster water.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I would have to say the jigging rods are the best rod for the money and they can fill more than one role easily. The Shimano Trevala can jig, drift, liveline, and deepdrop with the same rod without too much fatigue. All this made possible because of braided lines. So pick one and have fun fishing. Diawa Saltist, Shimano Trevala, Okuma Cedros, Penn Torque.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
For dead-sticking rods, I like a 6'6" medium action Ugly Stick. They have some flex in the rod that allows a flounder to take the bait longer, before pulling it away... as Kevin said "easy to read". The rod I have in my hand is "Old Lucky"... by Berkley. For jigging, I like a 6'6" heavy/fast tip rod to be able to control the jig better, feel the bite better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts