Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will the flounder come back into the bays i want to start fishing them again!. I love to flounder fish i make my own rigs for flounder. So if you no any info about it could you post it?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Not a ton of flounder fishermen on TF. I fish for them in the summer in the Delaware Bay, usually start looking in June after the Chesapeake stripers slow a little. Best times for me are late June early July out in the main bay, but they can be caught in back bays and inlets in shallow water much earlier. Indian River Inlet starts up in April, early May pretty good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Flounder show up in the bay around the third week in march. April is a great month to fish for them in the shallower water. May is also very good in the shallows. By June, the fish have started to move out towards the deeper areas of the bay. July and August are great times to fish in the shipping channels.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Not a ton of flounder fishermen on TF. I fish for them in the summer in the Delaware Bay, usually start looking in June after the Chesapeake stripers slow a little. Best times for me are late June early July out in the main bay, but they can be caught in back bays and inlets in shallow water much earlier. Indian River Inlet starts up in April, early May pretty good.
Soon:clapping2::clap::clapping2::clap:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Walleyeman the flounder fishing in D-bay has been very good the last couple of yrs. It started late May last yr. The fish are not everywhere, but they are real thick in some areas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts