Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy must have been lost up my way in Weems. My son caught this on a yellow gulp 4 inch mullet yesterday while I was cutting grass. Surprised me since I've been fishing pretty steady all summer off my pier and have not caught a single flounder. Our pier sits on the flats where the Rappahannock and Corrotoman converge. On a side note, I did lose a HUGE (for me) speckled trout Sunday am at my pier as I could not scramble quick enough to get my net. He looked to be around citation size.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
This guy must have been lost up my way in Weems. My son caught this on a yellow gulp 4 inch mullet yesterday while I was cutting grass. Surprised me since I've been fishing pretty steady all summer off my pier and have not caught a single flounder. Our pier sits on the flats where the Rappahannock and Corrotoman converge. On a side note, I did lose a HUGE (for me) speckled trout Sunday am at my pier as I could not scramble quick enough to get my net. He looked to be around citation size.
I caught one out from under a dock just up the eastern branch from you two years ago. It was a keeper. In years past (puppy drum years) I've caught as many as 4 or five short ones in a day up the western branch. Also caught one in a crab pot once. If the bay population was stronger I'm sure it would be a more regular occurrence. With all the points and dropoffs, it seems like a natural place for them.

Great news on the speck. Hope it has some friends.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
First report I've seen on the NN board all year of a flounder caught above the WS Bridge. Good to hear about the large speck. He is obviously a survivor in multiple ways:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts