Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wind was stronger than forcasted. I caught about 15 small spots around GC1. I trolled slowly with live spots in 25-35' of water for stripers. Lost most of spots by bluefish. Though I managed caught a Fluke at 17" on a live spot. I couldn't believe when a fluke came up.

The water temperature was 64F. I drifted and trolled too far. It took me 2 hours to paddle back to the marina against the wind.

I think spots may be available at least one more week.

Joe

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was it rough going on the return?
It was not rough when I came back but the morning was. The NE wind was blowing at 10-12MPH when I came back. Though I was tired and was about 5 miles south of the marina.

Funny thing was that I heard a boater told one of my friends on another boat that "There is a red kayak on your way. Watch out. Don't run over him." So I told my friend that it was me on the red kayak.

Joe

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nice flounder. I tried for them on Friday but didn't even have any hits. I haven't caught any keepers this year, but I haven't tried as much as I did last year. The wind this weekend has been tough. It's good to know that the boaters in your area keep an eye out for kayakers. I often wonder how easy we are to see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts