Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain the difference to me besides one costing 5X more than the other?

I know it has more abrasion resistance and is less likely to be seen underwater than conventional mono. Is is worth it in our somewhat murky waters of the east coast? If we were in Key West it might be a diferent story...

My application is a leader material for use when fishing Fireline and jigging. I have also used it for trolling for Spanish Macs/Stripers.

Should I be spending my money on the leader material?

Signed,

Confused on the Bay.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i use it on all my rigs now

but ONLY because I get it, or used to, really cheap at the Pure Fishing outlet store in Spirit Lake Iowa every year when I go out pheasant hunting. They moved their corporate office this year from there to SC so my buddy no longer has a job there and now I won't get his employee discount in addition to the already low prices. I stocked up big time this past October when I was out because of this.

Don't know if it really helps especially for rockfish as they don't seem particularly choosy or leader shy. And it definitley has a lot of memory which makes it difficult to work with and tie. Mostly use crimps with it. Tuna is a different story I think and have all my tuna baits rigged with it. But for me, if I had to pay regular retail, I would be using regular stuff instead of the supposedly invisible stuff. Fisherman were catching big fish for decades using line that was very visible and had three times the diameter of what we are accustomed to today. Just my $ .02.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts