Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 24' CC and I'm considering installing a flush mounted tackle box to the side of my console. I hate having stuff on the deck and I always tend to have a tackle box back there for access to all my stuff. It seems ideal to get a box that will hold 3 or 5 trays and I can pull a tray out when needed. I dont use my console for anything other than throwing random things into, so I figure the loss of interior space won't be an issue. I just have to make sure that it doesn't impede access to my electrical panel.

Any suggestions on brands or installation procedures? Any pros or cons that I may not have thought of?

Thanks,
Martin

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
How about having something made for your leaning post. Maybe a tray system with boxes to store your gear, and it will keep it at the rear of the boat where its needed... just a thought.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's damn good idea, Tim. Maybe I can also have a step incorporated into it to be able to reach the rods in the rocket launchers. Now the question is: who can build it?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The flush mounted tackle storage boxes are really nice and come in a variety of sizes. Just be sure the the tackle trays are deep enough to accomodate what you want to put in em. Any place that sells tackle should have them or be able to order them, you can also find em on line. Another tip is to use a 5 gallon bucket to hang your bucktail/chutes on. Not really a storage tip but a good way to to keep the baits you plan to use organized and readily available without having to go digging thru stuff.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
SSI makes awesome stuff. They make stuff for Boston Whaler and other top dollar boats. They are not cheap, but very very high in quality and are also a local Maryland company.

Forget that their name has the word sailing in it, they are actually good people.

Most of their trays are locking, which I think is very cool.

Home Page

·
Registered
837 Posts
Boater's World, West Marine etc sell these in their catalogs and I've seen em in the stores. I've considered something like this for under the deck of my bay jon...there's the gapping hole for open storage there right now that is pretty much useless.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts